If there’s one brand that stands out as a timeless symbol of quality and prestige, it’s Rolex. Rolex has become a household name which requires no formal introduction. Ever since its release in 1905, the Swiss brand has graced the wrists of celebrities, influencers, leaders, and others, establishing itself as a wealth symbol and also a lucrative investment.
Over the years, the brand has positioned itself not just as an incredible timekeeping tool but also as a coveted investment that gives an incredible ROI when you sell Rolex. This can be attributed to the restrained availability and widespread popularity of the watches that escalates the market prices for Rolex watches.
Have you ever wondered how the brand has maintained such exclusivity even after mass-producing the timepieces? The reason is their exceptional craftsmanship, indelible reliability, accuracy and innovation.
ROLEX PRICE INCREASE BY MODELS FROM JANUARY 2022 TO JANUARY 2023
There has been a significant increase in the prices of Rolex watches over the past few years. According to the reports, the price of Rolex pieces has increased to 11.3% depending on the models and the materials they are made from.
|Submariner (No Date)
Are all Rolex watches worthy of investment?
While all Rolex watches are valuable, not all appreciate in value equally. Factors such as vintage appeal, rarity, metal, materials used, and popular models influence the investment potential of Rolex timepieces. Let’s discuss this in detail.
- Rare Rolex: Rarity or limited edition Rolex models tend to command higher prices in the secondary market due to their unavailability in the market, making them coveted among collectors and investors.
- Vintage Rolex: Vintage Rolex watches are of historical significance and entail unique stories. With time, such timepieces increase in demand and value.
- Metal/Material: The metal the Rolex is made of, or the materials present in a particular Rolex model impacts its investment value. While it’s true that precious metals like gold and platinum usually fetch a higher price, some models in stainless steel are equally coveted and are more in demand.
POPULAR ROLEX INVESTMENT MODELS
Rolex entails a long list of worthy models, some of which have proven reliable investment choices over the years. If you’re seeking a Rolex with a good ROI, here’s the list:
- GMT-Master II (Ref. 16760 & Ref. 16710)
- Daytona (Ref. 116500LN & Ref. 116508)
- Submariner (Ref. 5512 & Ref. 16610)
All these models have shown consistent value appreciation over time, and if you’re one of those planning to invest in them, you might not have to wait to see the prices rise.
HOW TO PRESERVE THE VALUE OF YOUR ROLEX INVESTMENT?
Rolex watches are made of precious metals and materials that ensure the watches are highly durable and robust. However, preserving their condition is paramount, especially when you want a good investment return. Few things like regular servicing, proper storage and general care will maintain the watch’s value.
In conclusion, Rolex watches have a strong track record of appreciating in value over time. However, it’s essential to note that not every Rolex model will necessarily increase in value, and market conditions can fluctuate. For those considering a Rolex an investment, you must conduct thorough research and pay attention to details to make an informed decision.